ServerForum.org - The Professional IT Community

Full Version: Looking for a external linux server monitoring tool about performance, availability?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I am looking for tools to monitor my different Linux servers. Preferably from an external network. Currently I have around 9 servers a mix VPS & Dedicated. The current setup is one game server, a docker server and the rest are webserver. It would be desirable if I could also view performance data and be notified in case of a problem. An e-mail notification is sufficient, may also be an option with an API web service to display data on another web page. Nagios or PRTG monitor I had in use, but need something that runs in a different network than my server and also easier to setup.

I hope to have some excitement experiences.
A lot is exisitng! In our company we use for all internal and external server Nagios with NRPE Plugin and NsClient. For my private server I user Zabbix. Veeam One still as monitoring solution, but not tested yet by my self. The implementation of all will definitely not be that easy. Especially for Nagios, a lot of manual work and configuration effort is required. But I think Nagios has the most powerfull features.