ServerForum.org - The Professional IT Community

Full Version: Rescue system unusable at Strato VPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
have a VPS at Strato that I can't access right now. I would like to save the data from the server.  Therefore I started the rescue system. This is an old Windows 7 32 bit.  The mounted local resources (mounted via RDP) don't let them address. Also I can't upload files via Filedropper e.g., the does not allow IE, although I have lowered the security level and added Filedropper as trusted page. Also you can't install Firefox or chrome, because there is no 64 bit system. Strato doesn't feel responsible, although it's the rescue system and not the VPS. How can I get my data with this (useless) rescue system ?

Many thanks
Hi,
Which dates exactly do you want to get to? Just the whole hard disk content in the original? Can you alternatively start a Linux rescue system at Strato or boot from an ISO image?
Hello,
i just want data that i already zip packedb I've downloaded. The system is not so important. I don't know if I can get a Linux rescue system, but I don't want to investigate that option first. Especially, because the support is not in the slightest to my evidence regarding the inadequate rescue system. has been received.

How am I ever supposed to make it clear to them that they might provide a Linux? First check the direct ways.
Then why don't you install the 32bit version of Firefox?