ServerForum.org - The Professional IT Community

Full Version: QNAP TS-1079 Pro NAS server issues, help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a QNAP TS-1079 Pro NAS server with 10x TB hard disks (Seagate ST4000VN008).
On the NAS are 2 drives / volumes, each with 5 HDD's in RAID6. For each drive, there is a Windows share (SMB 2.0).

If I now connect a share on a Windows Server 2016 for example and try to copy a 3GB file on it, the process is stoping after a view seconds. After that both shares a not longer availabe and accessable from the windows server. But the QNAP GUI works very well.
For testing propose Ihave setup the shares via iSCSI & FTP but same issue herer. 

The latest firmware version (4.2.1) is installed on the QNAP. 2 weeks ago, the NAS was already set to factory settings back to eliminate errors in the configuration. But nothing helps.

Any helps with this issue?
Hello, 

A few suggestions / questions on your setup. How is your NAS server connected by LAN, Switch or via WLAN, if WLAN (2.4 or 5). Latest network card drivers installed correctly on the server and do you have other connection issues by downloading large files from the internet with the same server?

Unfortunately, the problem can have many causes. A view more informations would be helpful.
The NAS is connected with cable at the switch. The switch is a D-Link DGS-1210-52. The server is connected to both switches (Second switch FritBox 4790) with two cables (Windows NIC Teaming and Hyper-V Adapter). I have already tried with a second computer running on Windows , but the issues still the same.